Sunday, January 08, 2012

55 in January...pretty sweet

Ran 8 miles today. It's the end of the first week of marathon training for the Flying Pig full marathon in Cincinnati at the beginning of May. I'm slow as hell. But I'm in hella better shape then when I re-started my running career last June in prep for the Indianapolis half-marathon in October. So that's good news.

I haven't done much (any) writing in nearly two years on this blog. I haven't done much racing. I've done much other stuff. But I've missed here. I've really missed running. As cliched as it may sound, it is who I am. I am a runner.

Today's run was one of those days when I get a half mile down the road and realize it isn't going to be slow, it isn't going to be fast, it isn't going to feel bad, it isn't going to feel good, and the wheels aren't going to fall off the bus. It's just a run. So it's funny that a run of such little excitement merits my first post in two years. I'm shifting the focus of this blog, though, to be solely on running and training.

New shoes coming. And they are pink. That's about it.

No comments:

So this is Christmas... I lift!

Hmmmm.... lifting... Just a quick pop in here (mostly because I did my first at-home lifting workout just a little bit ago, and I have ...