Friday, April 05, 2013

Transitions.


I have 34 teaching days left in the school year, and I am on the tail end of my Spring Break. And we are about to make a major transition. Major. We are moving the family up to northwest Indiana to settle in at a new job, new school, new house, and new community. Except it isn't all that new (for me). I worked there for six years before moving to Kentucky, and I feel like I'm moving home. That being said, moving when you have a husband and child is a whole different ball game, and we're in about the bottom of the fifth inning. The house is on the market (ever tried to sell a house with a 3 year old living in it?), and we are trying to figure out the logistics of closing up one house/job and starting another. 

My best friend (who lives there) and I were texting the other day, and she said, "I saw two women getting ready for a run together, and I didn't even get jealous because I knew you were coming back." We ran a 10-mile run around the lake there nearly every Sunday for about four years. I'm realizing that I can't even write about it here because I don't know what to say. However, I will say this. I lived downstairs from her in a two-story apartment building, and we got to the point where we wouldn't even talk on Sunday mornings before the run. CBS Sunday morning would end on the television, and I would hear her door open and her feet on the stairs, and we'd meet in the parking lot outside and head out. I moved away in 2005, and I haven't lived in a building with a second story since, but there are Sunday mornings when I'd swear I'm still listening for the sound of her door. 

And now we get to run again. 


No comments:

So this is Christmas... I lift!

Hmmmm.... lifting... Just a quick pop in here (mostly because I did my first at-home lifting workout just a little bit ago, and I have ...