Sunday, February 26, 2012

A few great things...congestion being one of them.

Can you read that sign? "Slow Congested Area."
Our government dollars hard at work. I can confidently state that there was no congestion anywhere in the area...nor in the next four miles which looked incredibly similar (and had three more signs posting that it was a congested area.)

Had a great run out into the countryside this morning. Dropped 23 seconds per mile off last week's long run time and added a full mile onto the run.

Favorite moments from today's run:

Saw a baby cow that had just been born. Its momma was still trying to clean it up when I came by, and the baby was just taking its first steps. Nothing's sweeter than a wobbly calf.

About ten miles into the run, an old man pulled up next to me, rolled down his window and said, "I guess you are out for a walk?" (At the time, I was taking a one-minute walk break, so I didn't have to kick in his door.) Still, the fact that I was three miles from town on a country road was enough that he wanted to make sure all was okay. I told him that I was getting ready for a marathon. He repeated, "A marathon... so I guess you don't need a ride?" Very sweet. Unless you were the woman in the car behind him waiting for him to get going again. Then it was probably very annoying.

Five dog day. But still no dogs at the house that worries me most. That was a seven pig house, but they were all safely behind a fence. Phew.

I found a nickel.

I had the hubby take this pic at the end of the run...celebrating my first fifteen mile run in several years.




What was great about your latest run?

No comments:

So this is Christmas... I lift!

Hmmmm.... lifting... Just a quick pop in here (mostly because I did my first at-home lifting workout just a little bit ago, and I have ...