Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Cash Money... and hydration challenges


Who says you can't get rich running? I'm still waiting for my Brooks sponsorship to come through, so I'm not rich yet. But I find a lot of spare change out on the road. Our family total for the summer so far: $10.65. And yep, $10.00 of it came from this one big find. Seriously, I'm not ever fast enough that I should pass up some cash. Today was a dime. I'm working my way up towards a cup of coffee. 

Do you have any tricks for staying hydrated? When we were on the road, I realized I didn't like the taste of the water in our cabin. We were fifteen minutes from the closest store, and I kept forgetting to pick up bottled water anyway, so I felt like I was always slightly dehydrated. By the time I got back home on Saturday, I felt like I was days behind in drinking. So I got up to run Sunday morning in the heat, and I was in the hole.

On a normal, 10-mile run around the lake, I'll usually go through two water bottles as I run the lake. On Sunday's 5.5 mile run, I was out of my first water bottle by the end of mile 2.5. By the time I got home, I was even more in the hole. What stuns me, though, is how sore that kind of dehydration makes me (and keeps me) for days afterwards. I was more sore on Sunday afternoon after running 5.5 than I normally am after a 10.5 mile run. Gotta do better.

No comments:

So this is Christmas... I lift!

Hmmmm.... lifting... Just a quick pop in here (mostly because I did my first at-home lifting workout just a little bit ago, and I have ...