Thursday, March 29, 2012

Checking in from Philadelphia

Quick. And running-related.

I DID run 18 miles two weekends ago. It was tough. And boring. And not so very much fun. But I covered the 18 miles. (And I ran out of water...that was really tough, too.) But it didn't kill me. So that was good, too.

THEN, my daughter came up/down with pneumonia. It started on the Sunday night of my 18 miler. She couldn't lay down without vomiting from coughing. The week that followed was full of not working, lots of laundry, several runs to the doctor and pharmacy, and very little sleep. I'm a mom. It means I'm a slower runner than I used to be and that small people puke on me. I'm okay with that. But it was a tough, tough week.

THEN, my parents showed up to watch my daughter for the week while my husband and I flew off to Philadelphia so that I could present at a conference this week. That was tough, too. I packed my running shoes, but tomorrow will be the first day that I get on a treadmill. Running downtown Philly doesn't appeal to me--too many stoplights. But I'd love to get out to Fairmount park. It is amazing. I have put several miles on my legs with all the walking I've been doing, and I have been going to bed every night exhausted. But I've gotta run. Tomorrow. This weekend.

Like I said, I'm a mom now. Stuff gets in the way. Puke gets in the way. And I'm okay with that. (But it also means I better get more okay with a long, long, long, slow, slow, slow marathon.)

No comments:

So this is Christmas... I lift!

Hmmmm.... lifting... Just a quick pop in here (mostly because I did my first at-home lifting workout just a little bit ago, and I have ...