Monday, January 29, 2007

Holy cold, Batman...

It's 4:00 a.m., and it's only 13 degrees outside. The schools in the county that I l ive in are closed for the day. Unfortunately, I work for a school in a different county, so I'm headed in to work. I went out to the truck and started it up a couple of minutes ago, and I'm sipping some coffee as I write.

Our house doesn't have central heat or air unless you consider "central" the air and heat that come through the cracks in the windows and various spots around the house. K. had to get up at 3:30 this morning to get to work early today, and he put some wood on the fire, but I still ended up on my bike at 4:00 wearing a shirt. Indoors. It's that cold.

Every winter I lived in Indiana, I hit a day when I thought my hands would never be warm again. That's today in Kentucky. My hands are freezing, and I can't find any relief. My skin is dry and cracked. It's definitely winter.

Oh, and my ass was KILLING me on the bike this morning. I definitely rode two hours yesterday.

No comments:

So this is Christmas... I lift!

Hmmmm.... lifting... Just a quick pop in here (mostly because I did my first at-home lifting workout just a little bit ago, and I have ...