Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Of wedding registries and short rides...

Tuesday PM 30 minute spin
I can't decide how much I want to write. I got on to ride for a while, but my hip flexor is bothering me a little bit, and I don't want to irritate it any more than I need to. It is rather early in the training, you know.

I did get an e-mail back from my soon-to-be-coach-again coach, and he's going to be able to work with me in March. I just pray that we'll have the house sold by then. Anyway, his advice was to put as much run time on my legs as I can...that will help me on the bike. I know he's right. I've experienced it before. But I have to get going on that...it's so much easier for me to get on the bike at 4:00 a.m. than to hit the road.

To register or not to register
Ya kn0w, some people have this wedding thing planned for their entire lives. Those people are usually women. I'm not one of those women. While I kind of always thought I'd get married, I never went so far as to figure out what the wedding would be like. I always thought the marriage part would be more important, I guess. Or maybe I didn't think about it at all.

Anyway, we had to register for gifts...or at least I've been told we had to register for gifts. And I've looked at all kinds of gift registry places. Finally, we settled on Macy's. We did some stuff online, but then we went to the store. What a disaster. They recommend that you register for three different kinds of dinnerware--fine china, some sort of other china, and then everyday dinnerware. Then there's a list of all the barware. The list goes on. It's absurd. We wandered around with this little gun thingy and shot it at various things that we didn't really want until we finally got frustrated and left. We had one blanket and a bunch of fiestaware on the list. I abhored the whole process.

This week, my mom called, and friends of the family would like to give me a bridal shower. I'm terrified but honored. I'm terrified because being the center of attention isn't really my thing. I'm honored because it's just cool that someone would want to do that for me. But it means that registering for gifts is a courtesy to extend to people, it seems. They want to give you what you want, so you have to tell them what you'd like. Anyway, I quit with the Macy's deal and started looking at stuff online at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, and I'm happy with what I've found. Plus, it's really easy to register online. So there it is. Still, it's not as much fun as some people want you to think it is.

No comments:

So this is Christmas... I lift!

Hmmmm.... lifting... Just a quick pop in here (mostly because I did my first at-home lifting workout just a little bit ago, and I have ...