Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sunday morning update

Friday
Nada
Saturday
55 minutes cardio (treadmill for 4.5 miles, elliptical for 1 mile)
2000 yard swim

I got up at 4:00 a.m. on Friday morning, and I walked out to my bike already mounted on the trainer. I filled up my water bottle. I plugged my trainer in. I got the towel out. I even turned the television on. I went back to bed. This cold has plagued me all week, and I wanted to take the morning off. I wasn't ready to do anything. This is harder for me to do than to do the workout because I know I have to live with that decision for the rest of the day.

Friday night, I still was not breathing well, so I sat on the couch and watched a couple of episodes of The Sopranos. Kept thinking about getting on the trainer, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Every breath ends in a wheeze right now, and it's just not enough air to make me feel like I ought to be doing anything, let alone Ironman training.

Then came Saturday morning, and I was ready to go...sort of. We headed to the Y, and I put in five and a half miles on various cardio equipment. I followed that up with a solid 2000 yard swim in the pool, and I was surprised at how great I felt. At the end of the cardio workout, my lungs were definitely getting on towards tired, so it was time to call it quits.

Sunday morning
We're up, and my lungs are still not clear. There's a wheeze at the end of every breath. And it's snowing outside. Cold + asthma = nastiness. So while I had hoped to get in a long run of 10+ miles today, I'm going to hit the bike in a bit and see how that goes. I'd like to have made this journal entry more than just this matter-of-fact reporting about my weekend progress, but that will have to come later in the day when I've had some time to reflect.

No comments:

So this is Christmas... I lift!

Hmmmm.... lifting... Just a quick pop in here (mostly because I did my first at-home lifting workout just a little bit ago, and I have ...