Saturday, January 20, 2007

In media res...


I'd like to say that this is a beginning, but it's really in the middle of things... so many things that I'm not even sure where to begin--well, in the middle, I guess.

Ironman Wisconsin 2007
I'm headed back to the dance, and my window on the world has changed quite a bit since the last time I gave this a whirl. But the reason IM Moo is first on the list is that I'm envisioning that most of my writing will be about my Ironman journey or will come from my training. I completed IM Moo in 2004, and I'm headed back again this September. There's so much to say about it, that I can't even imagine starting here in my first post. But the last time I went to IM, I wrote a blog, and I found myself composing my entries in my mind while I was out on the bike or in the pool or taking a run. As I've kicked my training back into middle gear again, I've found myself having conversations in my head that I would have rather seen on paper...well, on the computer screen. So I'm back to blogging. My last trip was chronicled on www.trinewbies.com in the form of a journal, but this one will be a little different, I'm guessing. Different window.

Wedding 2007
June 16--Kevin and I will be getting married in my hometown in Michigan. I'm sure there will be plenty to say about that part of the wild ride, as well. We got engaged in December, the morning we took off for Memphis to run a marathon. Since then, the planning for the wedding has felt like it's sometimes taken a ton of energy and then sometimes no energy at all. Simple, simple. Our mantra is simple but elegant. We'll see how it goes.

Career 2007
I headed back to the classroom last fall to start teaching ESL once again after several years as a Challenge Course Manager. I teach in a public middle school in a large town in central Kentucky, and I'm loving my job again. I miss being on the ropes course, though. More on that in blogs to come.

What this blog is and isn't...
Not sure yet as I haven't really started it, although I think I've been writing it in my head all along. It's mostly a training journal and space for me to reflect on all that's going on in that realm of my world. It's also just a journal that, for some reason, I feel like I want to put out there for the world to see. I'll figure it out as I go. If you've read this far, welcome to my window on the world. Enjoy the view.

No comments:

So this is Christmas... I lift!

Hmmmm.... lifting... Just a quick pop in here (mostly because I did my first at-home lifting workout just a little bit ago, and I have ...