Sunday, September 14, 2008

Starting somewhere...again...

I ran yesterday. Two miles. Two miles. Two miles. That's it. Have to start somewhere. I'm always telling myself that I have to start somewhere. I just hardly ever expect that somewhere will be where it is. And for some reason, I can't not beat myself up for having let it get so far from me. 

Kevin says I'm like Rocky. Always one to make a comeback. I'd rather just have some consistency again when it comes to workouts instead of a roller coaster ride. I've missed it since leaving Culver. 

There are times when I'm sitting there in my thoughts, and I feel like I can feel my body expanding just as I sit there. Getting bigger. I envision my cells just expanding. Fatter. It's awful. Just being honest here... not realistic. Why do I beat myself up so much?

On a good note, I can feel my desire to be out there doing this stuff finally coming back. I've reclaimed a lot since moving to this house just a short month ago, and my rhythm is coming back. I think some would call that mojo?

Today's another day to keep starting somewhere.

No comments:

So this is Christmas... I lift!

Hmmmm.... lifting... Just a quick pop in here (mostly because I did my first at-home lifting workout just a little bit ago, and I have ...