Monday, January 05, 2009

Day 5--cold running

Distance: 1.5 miles
Time: 15:12

I certainly didn't want to go out today. It was cold (upper 20s/low 30s), drizzly wet, and windy. And I knew I wasn't going to be out for long. And I knew that it wasn't going to be all that much fun. But I made a commitment, and I went. Out. 

I actually tried to go hard for part of the run--thinking that even though I wasn't going to run long, I'd maybe benefit from going faster. I don't really have a faster, honestly. But I gave it a whirl. I'd like to be faster, theoretically. And every time I take a break from running, I somehow think that I'm going to be able to just be faster when I come back. I mean, my husband can run an 8-minute mile without blinking. Why not me? Well, not me. 

But I ran today. Day 5. Gotta keep running. 


No comments:

So this is Christmas... I lift!

Hmmmm.... lifting... Just a quick pop in here (mostly because I did my first at-home lifting workout just a little bit ago, and I have ...