Friday, January 02, 2009

Day 2--Night Running

Distance: 1.8 miles
Time: 18 minutes
Ouch level: Not all that high. Feeling a bit of soreness in my right shin and a bit around the knees as I'm requesting that my body carry around more weight than I ought to.

Day 2

My Garmin was beeping at me before I even started today--Low Battery. My Ironman watch has been dead for several months. So the time above is estimated, and the distance is maybe a little generous. I ran tonight without any sense of how far I was going or how long I was going... I checked my cell phone right before I got out of the truck and right when I got back to it, and that's how I got my run time. I estimated the distance based on a 10 minute mile, and that might be a little generous, although I did no walking tonight.

120 days from today is the Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon, and I'm thinking about giving it a whirl. I won't commit until the 31st of January, so we'll see how this month goes. But if I'm going to sign on for a spring marathon, that's the one I'm going to sign on for. 

No comments:

So this is Christmas... I lift!

Hmmmm.... lifting... Just a quick pop in here (mostly because I did my first at-home lifting workout just a little bit ago, and I have ...