Sunday, February 25, 2007

Lazy Sundays...

13 miles. Cave Hill plus Amish loop. 2:11.40

I was sitting on the couch this morning watching television with K., learning all about some family whose daughters are all doing some sort of drag racing or something (I don't know, it's on A and E?), and I leaned over to K. and said, "Man, I love lazy Sundays. "

About 30 minutes later, I was getting my gear on to head out the door for this run. My mantra was "slow and easy." I wanted to do the Cave Hill loop followed by the Amish loop in reverse because I knew it would come in somewhere around 13. It's my longest run since the marathon, and I needed it after missing my long run last week.

Finally, no asthma problems. My legs felt good. I even ran up what we affectionately call Banana-Split Hill because it's so freaking steep that if you can make it up to the top without stopping, you earn yourself a banana split. So no, my time wasn't outrageously fast. But the course was tough,a nd I was incredibly consistent through the whole run. I even ended not feeling absolutely horrible.

The shower afterwards, though...not so much fun. YEEEOOOUCHHH. I wore pants today for the urn that I don't normally wear. They were the right weight. They came from Kmart. They seemed to be kind of wicking, kind of not cotton. I figured I'd be all right. I have a chafe strip about nine inches long across my lower back. The way that feels when the shower water first hits it is just amazingly painful. Don't even know how to describe it. I do know, though, that I don't know why I'm not more generous with the Bodyglide.

No comments:

So this is Christmas... I lift!

Hmmmm.... lifting... Just a quick pop in here (mostly because I did my first at-home lifting workout just a little bit ago, and I have ...