Saturday, February 10, 2007

Long swims


4000 yard swim--1:18.20
It was in sets...with the main set coming in at 10 by 200. But I was REALLY happy with how it went. Not much fatigue in my shoulders. Pretty consistent in terms of splits on the 200s--3:15s or so. I expect to be hitting 3:00 even when I'm pushing it a bit on the 200s, but I wasn't pushing it today. I was just trying to get the yardage in, and today I did it. Next step will be 5000 yards on a long swim day. Then I'll be back to working on speed.
It is awesome to be back in the pool. And I love Saturdays now. I'm looking forward to workouts getting longer. I'm looking forward to getting back together with my coach in March (looking forward to that consistency), and I'm looking forward to warmer days and longer training rides and runs. Right now, I'm still working on my own consistency, but I'm hoping to get back to where I was and even to get ahead of where I was.

No comments:

So this is Christmas... I lift!

Hmmmm.... lifting... Just a quick pop in here (mostly because I did my first at-home lifting workout just a little bit ago, and I have ...