Wednesday, February 21, 2007

One week until my coach is back...and counting...

Yesterday--measly 35 minute trainer ride
Today--3000 yard swim, 54 minutes

I was wiped yesterday. I've been working on something for school that got away from me--turned into 38 pages of writing by the time I was done, and I'm still not even sure that's enough. If there's anyone out there reading this, keep your fingers crossed for me in cyberspace. I'll get news on my submission next week. If it passes, I've jumped through one more hoop, and I have one last hoop to jump through. Anyway, long story short, by the time I was done with that work last night, I wanted to do nothing. So getting in a 35 minute trainer ride was good enough.

Swim today...felt sluggish. The whole time. I wore two suits because the chlorine is eating my suits up, and I can't afford to replace my suit at this point. I didn't think it would have that much of an effect on me, but I felt sluggish and sometimes feeling is worse than actually doing. My main set was 10 by 200, and I came out in the 3:06-3:07 range for most of those. A couple of 3:09-3:10 in there, but nothing over or under those. That's consistency. And that's 1:35 100s. That's what I'm shooting for. C'mon endurance.

No comments:

So this is Christmas... I lift!

Hmmmm.... lifting... Just a quick pop in here (mostly because I did my first at-home lifting workout just a little bit ago, and I have ...