Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Tuesday/Wednesday training

Tuesday: 4 mile dreadmill run, 36 minutes
Wednesday: 40 minute morning spin workout (4:17 a.m., to be exact)
pending afternoon swim of about 3000 yards

I got on the treadmill to run yesterday with sore ITs in both legs from Sunday's run. I debated all the way to the Y whether or not I was actually going to get in a workout at all. I was dying to swim, but the swim team is still in the pool at the Y when I get there, so it was the treadmill for me. My legs were still sore. I was thinking I might want to go home and get in a longish trainer ride instead. And all the way to the Y, I was whining and complaining. It wasn't pretty.

The good thing about treadmills is that I hate them. So if I get them on with a distance goal in mind, then it pushes me to run harder. And now, with the MP3 player, I go song by song. One song for warm-up, then I up the pace .2 mph for the next song, then the next, then....well, I usually get up to about 7 mph before dropping back down and starting the ladder again on the treadmill. It's good. I need to start speedwork at some point, and the treadmill is the best place for me to do it at this point.

This morning's ride was decent, but it always takes me SOOOoo long to get warmed up after getting right out of bed and on the trainer. On a normal day, a 5 minute warm-up is good enough. Today, it wasn't until halfway through my first hard set where I felt like I was really getting going. And it wasn't as long as I had hoped it would be. Quite frankly, I crashed hard last night (at about 7:30), but I still didn't actually get on the trainer until 4:17. When the alarm went off, I said, "Okay, I got it, I got it..." more to myself than to K. About five minutes later, I said to K. "Kick me out." He did.

No comments:

So this is Christmas... I lift!

Hmmmm.... lifting... Just a quick pop in here (mostly because I did my first at-home lifting workout just a little bit ago, and I have ...