Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Isaac Newton kicking my butt...some days

4 a.m. 40 minute ride
I didn't get up yesterday to ride. I had run on Sunday, and I was a little bit wiped out (although not as wiped out as I expected to be). Then I got home last night, and I was still wiped out, so I didn't ride last night, either. Honestly, though, I think part of the reason I was dragging butt so much yesterday was that I didn't get on the bike at 4 a.m. It's a great way for me to kick-start my morning, but Isaac Newton kicks my butt every day (a body in motion tends to stay in motion, a body at rest tends to stay at rest).

This morning's mantra: "40 minute solid ride." Some mornings, I'm just soft-pedaling my way through the morning ride. Some mornings, the goal is to just stay in the rhythm of two-a-days, no matter how much I want to stay in bed. Other mornings, I'm looking for quality in my workouts. Today was a quality workout day. Some people would say that every workout should be a quality workout. I'm not at that point in my training yet, so even my soft-pedal rides are of some value to me. I need my body to get used to doing this all the time again.

No comments:

So this is Christmas... I lift!

Hmmmm.... lifting... Just a quick pop in here (mostly because I did my first at-home lifting workout just a little bit ago, and I have ...