Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Not wearing what I'm wearing and other things...

4 a.m. 35 minute ride
The only problem with 4 a.m. rides is that I don't always have the energy for my second workout later in the day. Then again, if I don't get my 4 a.m. ride in, I feel sluggish all day. It's a strange situation to be in. Today was fine. Tonight's a big workout night, though. I'm planning to hit the dreadmill for about 3.5 to 4 miles and then a swim workout. Okay, not all that big of a night...but a bigger night than I normally have during the week. It is what it is.

The house
Someone just called about the house. She asked me to describe the floorplan. This isn't a question I've been asked before. I wasn't sure how to answer it. I don't know how to give someone a walking tour in words. I can teach someone how to find words--my ESL students--but I was at a total loss for words myself. I feel like I must have lose the opportunity to show the house again by not being able to describe it well. It really is a great house. A great house. But not selling it is stressing me out. I'm thinking about breaking down and getting a realtor to work with me, but we really still can't afford it. Still, I would love to be in a new house, closer to work, when the new school year rolls around, and we can't get into a new house until we sell the old one.

I'm under a little bit of stress right now. Trying to pull together one more teaching unit for my teaching portfolio, thinking about wedding stuff, dealing with finances, keeping my training going, etc. It's nothing excessive, and I think about all the stuff that some of my friends have been through (wars, literally...), and this stuff is nothing. But it feels a little more stressful than it should be.

And on to something completely trivial. Ever get up in the morning and put on an outfit and think it looks fine and then get to work and realize it looks awful? That's me today. I was walking in the building from outside, and I thought, "Man, they are going to come and get me for that show What Not to Wear!" If only they would. That would be amazing.

No comments:

So this is Christmas... I lift!

Hmmmm.... lifting... Just a quick pop in here (mostly because I did my first at-home lifting workout just a little bit ago, and I have ...