Monday, February 19, 2007

A trainer for the run...yet again...

60 minute trainer ride--17.5 miles

Ehhh, not much to say about it. I had some work to do for school today that I thought I would be able to knock out in a few hours, and I was going to head out for a 12-16 mile run. Granted, I wasn't all that fired up about it, but I was going to do it.

Well, eight hours later, I was still sitting in front of the computer pondering how I would teach Hamlet to a theoretical class of high school students and typing my 12th page of notes. And I still haven't actually started the teaching materials. I felt beaten. I still feel beaten. I was really hoping for some time today to relax, and I was really hoping to get this stuff done as my teaching certificate depends on it. But, I didn't. And I didn't get to work out details on the wedding with my mom like I had planned. And I didn't get to clean the house as I had planned. It's a bummer, but I've got a short work week ahead, so I can look forward to next weekend and trying this again.

Anyway, the ride. Knowing I'm keeping track of mileage on the trainer has me enjoying watching the numbers climb a little more. Still, I wanted to run today.

No comments:

So this is Christmas... I lift!

Hmmmm.... lifting... Just a quick pop in here (mostly because I did my first at-home lifting workout just a little bit ago, and I have ...